Thursday, April 5, 2012

Miracle Manny!


Daddy & Manny First Time Holding Him
My First Time Holding Manny
Here is the back round Manny was born on October 27, 2009 at 31.5 weeks gestation.. I usually just say 32 weeks.. but there is more Manny was born 8:35 am weighing 3 pounds 15 ounces tiny little thing bruised around the entire of his head. bruised foot and hand.. it was so hard to look at him... all i knew at that time is that I was going to nurse him.. but Manny was to weak to suckle.. so at the age of 19 I began to pump every 3 hours round the clock they told me that night that Manny would not make it through the night because his lungs were so under developed.. I told them before you interbate him because we were given a choice of what we wanted I said let me call my Pastor and have him come pray for him first. so at 11pm that night my pastor walked into the nicu and prayed for Manny his stats came up instantly.. from that time forward he became Miracle Manny He progressed extremely fast and was put on 70% pressured room oxygen for 1 week and room oxygen for 1 more week He came home in 2 weeks .. I never left the hospital they were so proud that I was nursing that they gave me my own room in the back hall...
They said that they had never seen a 19 year old mother nursed or rather pump as I did and stick to it.. 
that was my life for 4 months take care of 1yr old Kobran and pump round the clock .. 
 needless to say a I was tired those days..
BUT I HAD MY MIRACLE BABY!!!!
Mariano Emanuel McKee
At 4 months a breastfeeding Dr in Mississippi got him to solely nurse! another hurdle over comed!
At 6 Months They told us that his apnea monitor was showing episodes of Atrial Tachycardia . We changed Machines several times and they finally tested his and it can back true He has Atrial Tachycardia and we Kept worshiping God !
First Smile
We were able to get him off the Apnea Machine at 9 moths after 1 month of no Apnea and No Tachycardia!
Praise GOD! 
Another hurdle overcome!
now Here we are 2years later..
Not that we have not had our ups and downs with Manny we have ..
But God Has Been Good To Us!
 I found this Poem today and Would Like to share it 
Its About Autism! 
Loving Autism

By Jamie Knopik

If only you could comprehend how hard life is for me,
I know I’m only a little boy, but my world I want you to see.
Things are always changing right before my eyes,
but don’t you see I can not change with the direction of the tide?

It’s a different kind of world I see, with my big brown eyes;
they call it autism, and they think it’s my demise.
What I’d really like for them to know
is that my life is really about surprise.
Everyday is something different--something very new,
a phone, a clock, no a watch, I mean a shoe.
Sometimes I have a hard time expressing what I want,
and changing my mind ... well I do that a lot.

I have a hard time talking to people; please don’t think I’m rude.
I try to talk to another child: I really do.
But sometimes my words don’t work, and I hit instead--
now I really blew it, and no one wants to be my friend.
Some people are trying to find a cure for autism right now as I speak,
but why do I need to be cured?
There is nothing wrong with me.

Please don’t try to heal me, I’m not sick;
and instead of trying to fix me, enjoy my creativity.
My autism makes me who I am and sets me far apart,
but it only brings me closer to my family’s heart.
Autism is not something you should accept—it’s something to embrace;
for life with me is full of wonder and constant change.
I break up the monotony of daily life,
and although I don’t mean to, I sometimes cause some strife.
Autism changed me from all others except for my own kind,
and it has succeeded in showing all the world,
that love and autism bind.

Inspired by my darling son Donovan
September 6, 2006
I will Praise God No Matter What Comes My Way!

No comments:

Post a Comment