Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Diagnosis Of Autism




That Was the only thing I heard the whole time I was in the room ... My world seemed like it stopped in that moment in time ... I froze ... my thoughts didn't go any further than what he had just said Mrs. McKee After lots of testing and evaluation We have diagnosed Manny with Autism.......... That is when it all went blank .. Wait what did you say? He said Asperger's Syndrome it is a form of Autism..

Manny 2011
I asked Him what did I do wrong ? What can I do to get him better... ? NOTHING Mrs. McKee.. He said Is there any other questions .. I said How did this happen .. What part of his brain is affected.. How will Manny make it... He answered all of my questions ... 
Me and Phillip
Walking out of his office was the longest walk ... I felt stuck in time.. I got Kobran who is Manny's older brother in the car and walked around to Manny's side put him in the car ..
Kobran 2011
I got in the car and started to leave and Just Sat There! I started to Cry and the phone Rings Its my husband Phillip.. 
He says so what the Dr say ? I was silent and he said" Baby are you there?" ... I said they said Manny Has autism! And His Next words Were GOD IS STILL GOOD ! It Was like at that moment that my world beginning to go around again.. That's right He is still Good ... He still loves us ! He will walk us through it.. everything started to come together at that moment... 
Now I was still sad and I felt like a had been punched in the gut ! But I knew from my Pentecostal Background that GOD WOULD SEE ME THROUGH!
Our Family 2011
I talked to some close friends and later in the day called My Pastor ... The one thing that repeats in the back of my mind that he said is ITS NOT A DOOMS DAY REPORT!.. I thought to myself Manny will be a success story.. I will find out everything thee is to know about this ... I will do the Walks/Runs... I will do all that I can to get Awareness Out! I have Started this blog to write about our journey ... The things that work and the things that don't for him!
We have to take things one step at a time ...
Late Last night I got the courage to look up Autism..
And I found out that is was World Autism Day!
What a day to receive that news!
Brothers
We will be doing the New Orleans Walk for Autism..
The team name is...

Mighty Manny

2 comments:

  1. We are all created uniquely, and Mighty Little Manny is perfect-just the way God created him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We serve a Mighty God! And he will see you thru whatever comes your way!

    ReplyDelete