Thursday, July 12, 2012

A Window In My World

People say ,"oh he has autism?!" He must be high fununtioning it must not be so bad.. Your lucky! I smile and just walk away. Because no matter if you see me in the grocery store, church or McDonald's you only have a window into my life. You see glimps of my life not my life as a whole. The things that we live though on the daily basis at times all I can do is sit and cry . You don't see the melt downs that might not stop for a hour. Or the times that he punches and bites us when he is so angry about just having a toy taken. The times he just sits in the corner and won't let no one come near. It hurts when you say oh he is not that bad . I hate to even admit that this is our life. Because I want you to think that it is not that bad, that he is really well off and in more ways than one he is. AUTISM is not a death sentence. He will live and most end up being really good ; extremely good dare I say genius at one thing or another. He will make it. But I can't tell you that this is a walk in the park because it is not what you think. It is not what you see. We need prayer. The only way I can get him out of a melt down at times is to grab him hug him really tight so he can't hurt himself and begin to pray and at times all I can say is JESUS . But it's whAt works . There is power in the name of JESUS . Manny has become comfortable around most church people. Which has made our lives at church a great deal easier. Oh how I am thankful for this. Autism has really made me stop and thank God for so much more. You know the small things I am so greatful for . So when you see me out at the store, at church, or AT McDonald's realize you only see a window in our life. And this goes for all families with special needs children, passing comment or judgement is not the thing to do a simple I praying for you or Im thinking about you does so much . Because lets be honest God is the only one that can help us.

No comments:

Post a Comment